A captivating and radiant smile is what people notice first in you. However, crooked teeth and misaligned or discolored teeth can diminish your confidence to smile wholeheartedly. This is where advanced cosmetic dentistry comes into play to revitalize your smile. Unlike general dental care, the procedure focuses on enhancing visual aspects of the teeth, mouth, and gums rather than functionality.
A cosmetic dentist in Dedham, MA, uses cutting-edge technology for a smile makeover. Below you’ll find vital information about cosmetic dentistry, shedding light on potential benefits and treatment options.
About cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a dental procedure that enhances smiles and overall appearance. Dentists employ a wide range of techniques, from basic teeth color correction to fixing gaps and replacing missing teeth, to improve your smiles.
Top reasons you need cosmetic dentistry
A cosmetic dental procedure is an ideal option if you have the following issues:
- Stained teeth: If stained teeth lower confidence to smile, this procedure can help lighten your teeth.
- Crooked teeth: Chipped or crooked teeth can make you hesitate to smile in front of others. With cosmetic dentistry, dentists can reshape uneven and crooked teeth to enhance your smiles.
- Change in face shape: Sometimes, overcrowded teeth and underlying infection can cause bone loss. Dental issues can alter the shape of your face and make you look dull. A cosmetic dentist can help contour your face and reshape jawbones to improve their shape.
- Missing or misaligned teeth: Uneven or missing teeth can cause temporomandibular disorder. The cosmetic dental procedure helps fix misaligned teeth to eliminate discomfort.
Different types of cosmetic dentistry procedures
Cosmetic dentists offer a wide range of treatment options to enhance your smile. A few of the treatment options available are:
- Teeth whitening: This is one of the easiest ways to achieve a brighter smile. Cosmetic teeth whitening gels, laser therapy, and other ingredients lighten discolored teeth.
- Dental veneers: Thin dental shells are customized to fix damaged enamels, crooked teeth, and gaps between teeth.
- Dental crowns: This procedure is ideal for addressing decayed or crooked teeth.
- Inlays and Outlays: The methods help restore fractured teeth and natural surfaces.
- Enamel abrasion: This technique helps enhance the appearance of teeth and is a painless solution to treat discolored teeth. Hydrochloric acid is employed to remove the upper layer of tooth enamel.
Cosmetic dentistry aims to improve your visual appearance and overall health. With the correct treatment procedure, you can regain the confidence to smile flawlessly. Consult dentists to learn about cosmetic dental treatment that benefits you to get a brighter smile.